I recently threw together an adventure for my colleagues. Go read about it on my project work blog.
I’ve gotten a bunch of really good feedback from people on the D&D subreddit on the adventure I’m writing for my colleagues! Including when to bring in NPCs, how to make travel less on-rails, and how much exposition to be reading aloud.
I’m still pretty nervous about the game, but I’m certain it will be fun.
I dislike aubergine, but HelloFresh insist on me continuing to try it. This recipe was alright, I guess. Maybe I’ll swap out the aubergine for beans of some kind next time though!
|Onion, 1||Flat Leaf Parsley, 1/2 bunch*|
|Garlic Clove, 2||Sun-dried Tomato, 30g|
|Aubergine, 1||Chilli Flakes, a pinch*|
|Wholewheat Tagliatelle, 180g||Chopped tomatoes, 1 tin*|
|Hard Italian Cheese, as much as you like|
* Sorry these amounts are so unhelpful.
This is a pretty healthy meal, filling 4 of your 5 a day! (Which I’m sure the NHS told me was supposed to be 11 a day, at some point. You cannot win.)
FYI, so you only have to wash up some things: you’re gonna need one large pan for boiling the tagliatelle, a large frying pan which is big enough to hold all your tomatoes, onion and a baking tray. Also, a couple plates, knifes and forks. You can stop washing up now – just leave those cups for later?
- Fill the pan with water, and start it off boiling. Once it’s boiling, throw in the tagliatelle. Cook until it’s sort-of-soft-but-still-firm-kinda. Then take it off the heat.
- Cut up the aubergine. Get rid of the middle spongy bit – we won’t be using it.
- Throw this onto the baking tray with some oil, and put it in the grill. Cook until it’s a little crispy on the outsides.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. It’s okay to get these all mixed up if you run out of room. They’ll be fried together.
Here, I’ve not chopped the tomato nearly enough. Keep chopping, otherwise you’ll get surprising chewy bits in your food.
- Chop the parsley too, but keep that separate.
- Throw the onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and chili flakes into the frying pan, with a little oil. Mix these up good and proper. I did not mix well enough, and the chili flakes got all clumped in together.
- After a few minutes of these cooking, throw in the tinned tomatoes and some black pepper. Let this steam off for a few minutes, til it’s a little thicker.
- Throw in the aubergine, if it’s cooked.
- Throw in the pasta!
- Mix it all up.
- Serve with cheese and parsley on top.